Friday, September 9, 2011

Starting school

Carson started first grade this year and he was SO excited. Earlier this summer when we went to his school to sign him up he said, "I wish school started tomorrow!" He kept that excitement the rest of the summer and on Tuesday morning when I went to wake him up he was already awake and sat up in bed and said, "I know it is time for school." He was ready to go.


We went to an open house the week before school to meet his teacher and see his room etc. On the way home he asked if I was going to walk him in in the mornings and I said that the first day I would for sure to help him get settled. He said, "after that can you just drop me off and let me walk in?" I'm glad he is excited and confident that he can handle it, but it is not easy when they tell you they don't need your help.


No comments: