Wednesday, December 28, 2011

another great Christmas

This year our Christmas celebrations started in Ohio a few weeks ago. I don't have many pictures from our time there because my camera (that I haven't liked since I bought it) started acting up and we realized a week later on Christmas Eve that it only actually saved a few of all the pictures I had taken.


When we realized that the camera wasn't saving pictures anymore, Chuck braved the crowds at Best Buy on Christmas Eve afternoon and bought a new camera so I didn't have to throw a fit about not having a camera on Christmas...say like a 4 year old for example. (not that I have real experience with a fit-throwing 4 year old)

Our tradition on Christmas Eve is to let the kids open 2 gifts...a new ornament that is a symbol of something significant from the past year and new pajamas.

Begin fit throwing....Cooper was not happy with his "not-a-fighter-jet" ornament.

This was the start of our conversations about being thankful for whatever present you get even if it is not something you want.




new pajamas

Cooper opened his pajamas first and was excited about them. Then it was Carson's turn....he pulled the wrapping paper off and yelled "AWESOME!" Chuck & I started laughing because it was just a brown box and he couldn't see what was inside it yet. So we said, "wow, a brown box... you got a brown box." This set Cooper off and he started crying (and throwing a fit) and saying that he wanted a brown box too and why didn't he get a brown box. This was when we knew it was time for bed.

Christmas morning started out with much better attitudes and we had a great day. :) I heard the boys in their room as they were starting to wake up and Cooper said, "it's Christmas...now" with a tone in his voice like it had taken a VERY long time for Christmas to get here.


a new airport


a remote control helicopter

an aircraft carrier


Christmas day at Grandma & Grandpa Fitch's




No comments: