Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cooper is 4...and he can have gum now!

Cooper turned 4 a few weeks ago and in our house when you turn 4 you get to start chewing gum. We did not expect this to become a big deal and it started one day when Carson asked Chuck when he could have gum and Chuck said "oh, when you are 4." Carson didn't forget it and we wrote it on the calendar so we would remember and now it has become a HUGE deal to chew gum when you are 4. So when Cooper tells people he had a birthday he always says "I'm 4 now...and I get to have gum." He has said it that way to everyone that he has told about his birthday and I think it is so funny that is what he is the most excited about.

I thought it would be fitting to do airplanes for the boy who is obsessed with them. As we were sitting down for dinner Cooper told us that the plane on the plate was a bi-plane, the one on the cup was a fighter jet and the one on the napkin was a pusher prop. Kayla's friend (who hasn't had much experience with Cooper's love for planes was very impressed with his airplane knowledge.)

This little bear's name is Cooper and you can get books about Cooper bear and at certain parts of the book the bear responds to things you read.







So it wasn't exactly the reaction I was hoping for, but oh well. In case you missed it, at one point he said "oh, it's a bicycle." just so casually.

This is more of the reaction I was hoping for, but we only got this look when we told him he could put the new planes he got as one of his gifts in the little bag on the front of his bike and take them with him. Only when he realized the planes could go with him was he willing to actually try out the new bike.




The first flight landed on the roof and the next time it got stuck in the tree...not such a great start.






Cooper doesn't like loud noises (unless of course they come from his mouth) so he told us that we could only sing the "happy birthday song" if we would whisper it. It is amazing the power a 4 year old can have over a bunch of adults.

2 comments:

une autre mère said...

Teri, did you make that cake?! I'm sure you did since you are the cake genius. That is incredible!!!

I can't believe little Cooper is already 4! Wow, I guess they grow up really fast when we only see them once a year! Looks like he had a great birthday - especially since he gets to put his planes in his bike basket. :)

Teri said...

Katie,

Thanks...Yes I did make the cake. There were times when I wasn't sure if it was going to turn out, but I was happy with it in the end.